I tried a new dessert this week… strawberry pie… except instead of 8 bajillion calories per slice there were 51 calories per slice. I pretty much rebelled and had 2 slices for a total of 102 calories… PORKER and proud of it… and then I went and added 4 tablespoons of lite Cool Whip for a total of 142 calories.
Oh, it was glorious! Definitely a keeper… and next time I may try peach pie while the peaches are in season and all! Why are there so few calories in a pie? There’s no crust for one thing (although, next time I may branch out and crush up some graham crackers to sprinkle on the top). The recipe?
4-5 cups sliced strawberries
2 cups water
1 package fat-free sugar-free vanilla cook and serve pudding mix, Not Instant pudding (small box)
1 package Jell-O Sugar-Free Strawberry (small box)
- Spray a pie pan with PAM.
- Cut up fresh strawberries, enough to fill the pie pan, about 4-5 cups. Put into the pie pan.
- Mix together 2 cups of water with 1 pkg of Vanilla Fat Free/Sugar Free Cook and Serve Pudding- not instant!
- When it begins to boil and thickens, remove from heat and add 1 pkg of sugar free strawberry jello- stir until dissolved. Pour over the strawberries and refrigerate until set.
Glorious hallelujah! I ain’t even lying, Vern! Move over Village Inn…
– As an FYI for anyone who cares… I won’t be blogging next week since I’m going to be par-taying it up for a whole week… my first time off in 2012. It’s a really bad time for me to leave… especially for my poor overworked QA co-workers, but then if I sit around waiting for the perfect time, I’ll be sitting around until forever. There will always be something to make it bad timing… sometimes you just gotta jump. I’m jumping. The guilt will go away by the end of the week, right? I’ll be back to announce the TWO winners of my prestigious giveaway on Monday, August 27th. Don’t you forget it! This would also be the time to remind you that if you haven’t entered, you have all next week to do so. Did I mention all the cool kids were doing it?
Where am I headed? I have possibly the weirdest plans on the planet. It’s summer and it’s hot… so I’ve decided for the first part of the week, I’m headed to the extreme desert to toast up a stinking storm… Vegas Baby… 110 degrees in the shade! What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas… except I’m an old grandma by heart so the likelihood of anything aside from face planting in the middle of the Vegas Strip happening is pretty much null and void. I’ll be sure to let you know if anything scandalous goes down, though… like boiling an egg on my forehead or forgetting to take my morning multivitamin. For the end part of the week, I’ll be headed to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Polar opposite cities… but both within a stone’s throw of where I live. I’ve also been to both cities on several occasions throughout my life. Quick trips… busy days… and I hope to come home in at least 2 manageable pieces!!
Have a fabulous weekend and next week, friends! Take care and don’t do anything I wouldn’t do in Vegas… multivitamins will not be forgotten! :P
Question of the Day: Have you ever been to Las Vegas? Any last minute, out of the way recommendations for things I need to do there?