I’m not only a member… I’m the club president (yes, the dummy club president)… we meet 7 days a week and mostly talk about dumb things like being dumb and hmmmm… my mind is blanking… that’s about all we talk about. I had a request on MyFitnessPal (what up, Julie!?) to answer some questions. Since I didn’t really have a planned topic for today to ramble on for 4000 hours about, I decided to answer them in blogging format.
DISCLAIMER: I know nothing, I have no official title of brilliance, and I am not offering this as advice… just spouting about the things that have worked for me. If you enjoy “die”ting, best not be reading these answers because I don’t “die”t. If you think sugar and carbs are the devil… again, avert your eyes because I eat them daily. If you think all things in moderation is a stupid weight loss regimen… get the crimeny puffs off my blog! 😛 KIDDING! You are welcome to still be here and mock my ways. Like my good friend, what’s his name says… if it ain’t broke… don’t the crap fix it!
1) What meals do you eat most often ? I go through phases in my eating. There are times where I’ll eat the same thing every day until one day I wake up and cannot even bear to look at the thing anymore… then I move on to obsessing about the next meal… eventually I do come back to the favorites, but I have to have a break now and then. My favorite meals of late:
– Taco salad with beans, lettuce, tomatoes, fat free cheese, Baked tortilla chips, etc.
– Salad bar with an assortment of veggies and fruits, cheese, sunflower seeds, etc., topped with my favorite dressing… Hellman’s raspberry vinagrette (which only comes in the travel pack sizes… are you kidding me right now!?)
– Baked potato with either those 90 to 100 calorie single serving Green Giant veggies (the ones that have the broccoli with cheese sauce or the cauliflower with cheese sauce), light sour cream with a package of dry dip mix mixed into it, or my vegetarian chili on the top of it.
– Subway 6-inch veggie sub with provolone cheese
2) What is your favorite snack(s), and is ANYTHING taboo now? Nope… nothing is taboo! I can’t do the whole taboo thing or I freak out and eat the refrigerator… all things in moderation. As for snacks, I’m fond of almost anything that is carby… lately I’ve been eating a toasted Thomas cinnamon raisin bagel (11o calories) with a tablespoon of regular whipped cream cheese (30 calories) and then a few strawberries… I also really like granola bars, chip’ins, peanuts, apple slices with peanut butter, baby carrots and cucumbers with string cheese, etc.
3) Did you end up dieting differently the last 30 pounds then you did in the beginning? Not really… I’ve been trying to get in more protein recently since I’m a vegetarian and need more protein… but other than that it has always been All Things In Moderation (does anyone feel like they want to smack the dagnabbed broken record)?
4) Did you experience plateaus or consistent loss? I’ve had so many plateaus along this journey, they almost renamed the plateau, the Whitney stall… seriously… look it up on Wikipedia (but wait until I’ve put the page up before you Google anything).
5) If plateaus were in the picture, how did you get back to losing weight again? Just pressing on. Staying under my calories and moving. Not much of changing anything up. It’s simple math… if you burn more calories than you take in, you will lose weight. Sometimes the body has an adjustment period where it catches up to your previous loss. I figure during plateau time my body is just on vacation in the Bahamas and will cooperate again once it’s recuperated.
6) What is the biggest piece of advice you could give the rest of us? I’ve learned a LOT of things over the years (most of which I can’t remember… what continent am I on?), but I think my biggest advice is never looking at this journey as a “die”t… it’s a way of life… not something you can quit. So, make sure you are doing something to lose the weight that you will be comfortable doing for the rest of your life. No restrictions… just moderation.
7) If you had to lose it all again, would you do it the same way? Abso-FRUIT-ly yes! I did have to lose it all again… when I gained all 180 pounds of weight back and stretched out my stomach after my bypass surgery, after that I did it the right way!
8) What is your favorite exercise, how long and how often? Walking outdoors… hands down… it’s free, easy, free, and does wonders for the mood and attitude… fresh air, that is. I at least try to do some walking 4 days a week for at least 45 minutes, sometimes it’s more like 60 minutes 6 days a week… depends on the week, the weather, who is on Oprah and Maury Povich, and whether my plantar fasciitis is acting up.
9) How about water… do you really drink 64 oz a day? Still? I do drink at least 64 ounces of water a day. I hear how many ounces you drink is supposed to be according to your weight… but when I put my weight into the equation it told me I’d have to drink 3 oceans worth of water per day. Um… sorry… ain’t happening!
10) Do you look at your past differently now than you did before you lost weight? I truly think coming to terms with your past is part of the process, so, yes, I guess you could say I do look at my past differently. There are things from my past that have physically kept me from any form of weight loss that I have confronted along this road and am now at peace with. But there are still a lot of places I haven’t gone… and won’t go… yet. It’s a total package… every last one of your demons and multiple personalities… they all need to be on board the “losing” train to win!
Question of the Day: What are your favorite meals? (Looking to change up my menus on occasion, folks!)