I hate winter. Hate it. That attitude needs adjusted and STAT because you know what happens with we emotional eaters when we feel an unpleasant emotion… major raid on the gummy bear stash!! I like the month of December, minus the coldness and darkness part of it all, because there is always something going on. I always have these grand ideas that I’m going to get all of this stuff in during the month of December and then January hits and I look back at what I’ve accomplished and it’s pretty much nothing. TV watching… check. Sitting on butt on couch cushion… check. Watching wall paint dry… check. Drooling out both sides of mouth… crusty check. PATHETICALLY LAME!! I’m determined that will not happen this December… I repeat… THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN!
I’ve decided I’m going to revert to my inner 5-year-old child for the month of December. Santa Claus is real, y’all (he is)! There’s magic in the air and it smells like Teen Spirit… errr… I mean gingerbread men. To kick my butt into gear and to show myself that I’m serious about this gig, I went and made me up a collage… a collage of all of the things I want to do this holiday season. When January hits, I’m making me up another collage. A collage of things I want to do during the winter. It’s good to have things to look forward to so I’m not overwhelmed by the depressing snowy, inversiony, cold air, walking around with my SAD disorder on full display!
Why yes I’m a professional collage maker… why do you ask? No matter that I cut the sleeve of my shirt whilst making this sucker… I’m also pretty sure the Kindergarten called and wanted their glue sticks and safety scissors back. Brief explanations of my sloppage:
– Charity/gift giving: Angel tree and service… fo’ sho!
– Christmas Movies: Gotta get my favorites in this year… A Christmas Story, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (already done), Mr. Krueger’s Christmas, It’s A Wonderful Life, White Christmas, Home Alone, and a new one yet to be determined.
– Christmas Music: Mindy Gledhill has a new Christmas album out… LOVE Mindy. Also need to listen to The Carpenters (Karen Carpenter is my fave, fave, FAVE), The Forgotten Carols, Harry Connick, Jr., Michael Buble, Amy Grant, Andy Williams, and Babs!
– Sing, Sing, Sing!! Got me 4 or 5 Christmassey singing gigs this year. Singing makes me happy. KNOCK ON WOOD that I don’t catch the cruditits voice ruiner!
– Christmassey Food (in moderation): I’m making and decorating sugar cookies this year… mark my words. Most to give away, but I have to have a couple! Hot chocolate… on the list… our annual Christmas Eve fondue par-tay… on the list. And oranges… juicy delectable oranges!
– Christmassey Books: I bought the new book Jacob T. Marley, which I plan on reading. Then, I’ll get in some heartwarming short stories… you know, the ones best read while PMSing. Plus, I have a gaggle of children’s books I need to read through again.
– Christ centered… most importantly, I need to remember what the real reason of the season is. Madre is helping because she only has approximately 8 bajillion manger scenes… I’ll post pictures another time, but apparently he was born 3000 different times in her living room!
Question of the Day: What are you looking forward to doing this holiday season?
If y’all don’t like Michael Buble, I don’t think we can be friends! 😛 Heads up to the M. Buble fans. He has a new TV Christmas special featuring him and guests like Bieber Fever on December 6th, NBC… be there or be square… drooling! Gadfrey… stop it, y’all… that’s just NASTY! Bieber Fever is illegal for 95% of us!!