1. Yesterday was the LONGEST day of the year, which means it’s all downhill from here said the pessimistic party pooping puke-face. Enjoy it while you can, my peeps! I went on a walk last night at 9:30 and it was still light as day… see?
I LOVE summertime in the mountains… lightish until nearly 10:00! It was such a nice night for a walk too. I passed 2 little girls who were walking a baby kitten on a leash. Well… more dragging it. And when I passed by them, one of the little girls looked at me and was like, LOOK! We’re walking our new kitten! And I’m all like, maybe they actually wanted a puppy.
2. The annual Summerfest was this past weekend, and it included this little gem for purchase:
Why yes, that’s a bobble-head horse ridden by a cowgirl with metal boobs! Why do you ask? It clashed with my room decor (dust and piles of clothing), so of course I couldn’t buy it. Maybe next year, cowgirl… maybe next year.
3. We had a full table for Father’s Day this past Sunday… Cuzzins Ryan and Angie and their kids, Kayla and Corbin; sister Lindsay and BIL, Shayne and nephews, Ethan and Christian. I regaled them with stories about singing at the church in the nursing home earlier that day; Dad got to open some pretty sweet gifts; and the boys got to wrestle and play X block (don’t ask… I have NO CLUE!)
I also don’t know who won… but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t me! And Kayla, whilst looking at a picture book Lindsay had made for dad commented that Lindsay looked much different in the pictures… because her hair was brushed! 😛
Happy Be-lated Father’s Day, Dad, Shayne, and Ryan… and any other fathers who read this here blog… count them… ONE!
4. My pal, Avster could still use some likes on her beaut-ee-mous Victorian Tea Par-tay picture featuring rained-on carrot cake… she calls it holy water… I call it water left over from the sewer treatment plant. You say to-mah-to… I say chocolate! Anyway, if you’ve already liked it… THANK YOU! But if you haven’t and have 1 second just to click on this link and press like, I’m sure she’d be willing to bake a cake for you… right, Avster… do you take requests!? The contest ends Monday! Clickety Click and Like. That’s easy!
5. I need to give a shout out to my friend and former roommate and co-worker, Rachel! She’s leaving to work a new job in the big city, so we had one final Girl’s Night Out shindig. I wanted to get a picture of just them, but they insisted I needed to have my ugly mug in the picture too… and so brilliantly, this happened:
And since my creepy stalkerish face peering in from the next booth was not acceptable to them, we went outside and asked a stranger on a bench to take one instead… should have went with the hand-taken photo, friends… girl didn’t know how to use the zoom option on a camera!
And so instead we got a picture from 2 towns over.. quality is what it is… QUALITY! And I might add… possible future in professional portrait photography, stranger on the bench? Anywho… bad picture taking time aside, GOOD LUCK, RACHEL! You’ll have some fun times and new learning experiences… and we’ll miss you on this side of the state, but you know where to find us… correct?
Question of the Day: Have a happy weekend, you hear?