Remember that time I mentioned I was thankful for something? Approximately 8 years ago in January? I usually do a Thanksgiving thankful post, which I failed to remember this year… FAIL! Who says you can only be thankful on Thanksgiving… that’s just ludicrous! I’m thankful on any day that doesn’t end in Y and most days that start with Z. It’s about time I voiced my thankfulness outloud… even if most of the time I find something to bellyache about.
– I’m thankful for a family, immediate and extended; one who is whacky and zany and pain in the butts and forgiving and patient (well, some of the time). I’m thankful I’m not here on this earth alone. As an unmarried/childless individual… and most likely one for the rest of my life, I appreciate that more than anything. Too often I get caught up in my “Lonely” spiel… all the while failing to recognize I’m surrounded by good family… so thank you, family for being my support.
– I’m thankful for the ability to learn. I may complain to high heaven about the time it takes out of my free time to accomplish this school shindig, but the truth is, I have enjoyed learning again. Not that I haven’t been learning whilst not in school. Everyday is a new learning experience for me and I’ve learned a lot over the last few years about myself and about nutrition and weight loss and all manner of fungi, but actually learning about other subjects and topics has been interesting… frustrating too, yes… but interesting as well. You take the bad with the good!
– I’m thankful for my health. At this point in my life I could still be bed ridden and there are times I think I’m headed back to that awful feeling, but I’m not and I have control over that aspect now. I am thankful to be able to walk and wog like a walrus and bike and all manner of everyday activity without feeling like I’m going to die. There was a time when physically getting out of bed was a chore… I never want that to be an issue again.
– As much as I bellyache about the situation and the place, I am thankful for a roof over my head and a car to drive and a job and a kitty and the pomegranate I still have yet to cut into from 2 weeks ago.
– I am thankful for nature and the beauty of the Earth and I will forgive you for being all cold and snowy and inversiony and wintery in January as long as you promise me by April I’ll see some budding flowerbeds.
– I am thankful for friends who are patient and kind and who put up with my many issues and still like me. That’s a task in and of itself right there. You blog friends are included in this one as well. I appreciate you all… all of you who take the time to read these ramblings and those of you who take the time to comment and those of you who have always been supportive. We’re in this together and I hope you all know that I’m rooting and cheerleading you all along in your own lives and with your own issues.
Love and hugs and all that mushy crap!
Question of the Day: What are you most thankful for this year?